United Way of Greater Atlanta Earn It Keep Save It Campaign
Mobile Site Criteria
To offer free tax preparation services to your clients and employees with household incomes of up to $55,000.
To ensure that Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) eligible households are claiming the credit.
Days and Hours of Operation
The United Way of Greater Atlanta Earn It, Keep It, Save It Campaign will come to your location at a prescheduled date and time, to be agreed upon by both parties, specifically:
- UWGA will provide VITA tax services from January 31, 2017 - April 17, 2017 for up to four (4) days per month during tax season, and up to two (2) consecutive days at a time. Additional days may be added based on demand. In the event the minimum required returns is unmet future visits may be canceled.
- Our mobile team is available Tuesday-Saturday between the hours of 8am--8pm (Saturday 10:00 – 4:00) for at least four (4) hours each day, but not more than eight (8) hour increments.
- Preference will be given to sites that are not within 5 miles of a permanent VITA site.
ALL MOBILE SITES MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF 25 CLIENTS DURING A SITE VISIT. If your location is scheduled for VITA services on consecutive days and the site is not at least 75% full on the first day, United Way reserves the right to reduce or cancel services to be provided on the second day. The host location should confirm they have adequately promoted the free tax service a minimum of 1 week in advance of the scheduled visit(s). If this does not happen the visit may be canceled.
The host location must provide/facilitate the following:
- Promote the VITA free tax service to your clients and/or employees a minimum of 1 week in advance of the scheduled visit(s). This step is critical to overall success of the mobile site and its ability to serve the maximum number of taxpayers. In the event the host location does not successfully promote the free tax service to the targeted taxpayers, the host location must inform United Way before the scheduled event.
- Space to conduct free tax preparation services. The space should be large enough to maintain client confidentiality and accommodate all volunteers and necessary equipment.
- Necessary internal IT support to ensure that each VITA computer has access to the internet. If the host location has a firewall, ensure each computer has access to the tax preparation website.
- An employee or volunteer to act as a VITA Champion for the host location. This person will be the primary contact for the United Way staff, and will ensure that the site meets the needs of the VITA program.
- It is strongly suggested the site accept advance appointments and walk-ins.
- If the site chooses to accept appointments (which is the preferred method) the VITA Champion will be the central contact for appointments. The VITA Champion must contact clients up 24 hours prior to their appointment, to confirm the appointment.
- Appointments should be scheduled with 4 - 5 appointments per hour.
- If applicable, allow employees the ability to have their taxes prepared during work hours.
United Way of Greater Atlanta will provide the following:
- If necessary, an IT consultant to survey location and test equipment no less than 24-48 hours prior to the scheduled mobile site date. If the IT consultant encounters any issues that cannot quickly be resolved, the mobile date may have to be canceled or rescheduled.
- Free tax preparation services at the host location.
- A team of 4 or 5 IRS-certified tax preparers to successfully provide the free service to the identified employees or community. United Way brings equipment (computers, printers, etc.). We also can use computers on site (a computer room).
- VITA flyers (in English and Spanish) for you to promote your free tax day to the community and/or employees.
- Upon request, end of season data reports.